Buy small shipping Boxes online
Last updated - May/18/2009
One of the best deals going on shipping, for many items, is the US Post Office (USPS) FLAT RATE packages. Priority mail claims 2 days shipping to most US addresses (and this is true), but taking into account any time cut offs, 3 days all together is about guaranteed in any case.
There are 5 sizes of packaging to choose from with Flat Rate Shipping.
The light bulb is for size comparison.
- 1st is the FLAT RATE ENVELOPE (pictured above) which costs $ 4.95 to ship anywhere in the USA.
This is a very sturdy 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" envelope with no weight limit. The main stipulation is that you can secure the flap as it is (without modifying the package).
- 2nd is a small FLAT RATE BOX (not pictured) which also costs $ 4.95 to ship anywhere in the USA. (HI and AK included)
- 3rd is a FLAT RATE BOX - FRB2 - (pictured above) which costs $ 10.35 to ship anywhere in the US (domestic).
This is a box with an inside diameter of about 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8", which is similar to a size that would fit a dress shirt, and as all of these Flat Rate packages, has a 70 # weight limit.
- 4th is another FLAT RATE BOX - FRB1 - (above) which also costs $ 10.35 to ship in the USA (aka Domestic addresses which include Alaska and Hawaii).
This box has an I.D. of 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", and would be similar to a size that would accommodate a stack of standard 6 red building bricks. Again, 70 # weight limit.
- 5th, and lastly, is a newer, and larger FLAT RATE BOX, 12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6" (not pictured here yet) package that runs $13.95 to ship in the USA (Domestic addresses), or $ 11.95 to APO/ FPO destinations.
This box is an 1 1/4" longer and 3 3/4" inches higher than the box pictured above, and again has a 70 pound weight limit.
The boxes are free, and will be delivered to your front door in a week or so, by placing your order at the USPS web site (your local Post Office should also carry them, but it may be necessary to ask, as they may be behind the counter). Later, free pick up of the items you have packaged can also be scheduled with the US Postal Service. More info can be found at "usps.com".
early pregnancy ultrasound 3 weeks
I've seen moving companies buy them
I've seen signs on shipping companies that advertise that they buy shipping boxes. I assume this is maybe for only certain size boxes, or old ones previously sold by shipping companies, and I bet it's a small payout.
But they also come in very handy for storing things or shipping stuff you may sell online.
Would this be weird?
So I'm having cupcakes at my wedding next weekend...my baker is making 150 and I only have 65 guests...so obviously there will be leftovers....I'm trying to find boxes so that people can take them home. The dilemmas
1. I can't find any online that would be here in time.
2. The "cupcake" boxes are a little more expensive than I really had planned
SO....what about small "chinese take out" containers...would that be weird? My local craft store has them 4/$1.00 so I could buy maybe 30 or 40...they wouldn't be all the same color, but I'm not really concerned with "color"
Container shipping: the secretive industry crucial to our existence — Telegraph.co.uk
They are the reason behind your cheap T-shirt and reasonably priced television. But who looks beyond a television now and sees the ship that carried .. The biggest container ship can carry 15,000 boxes.